Is Facebook dying?
Teens have expressed interest in new networks like Instagram, Vine and Snapchat. The Pew report states: “While Facebook is still deeply integrated into teens’ everyday lives, it is sometimes seen as a utility and an obligation rather than an exciting new platform that teens can claim as their own.”
In the eyes of the millennials, Facebook may be ageing, but it is still growing. It is in no dying condition nor will it be one for quite a long time. The reality is that Facebook Marketing is evolving from being the “trending now” to an established combination of business art and science. As one of the largest social networks in the world, it’s no secret that Facebook, when used strategically, is a marketing force to be reckoned with. Facebook is still part of most marketer’s lives and many believe it will continue to grow and make money from its ads.
With that said, the following statistics shouldn’t be too surprising, but they’re still very compelling to marketers and business owners who haven’t bought into the social media marketing craze.
30 Compelling and Tweetable Facebook Statistics
- 819 million monthly active users who used Facebook mobile products as of June 2013. (Facebook Newsroom) Tweet This Stat!
- Facebook has 699 million daily active users on average as of June 2013. (Facebook Newsroom) Tweet This Stat!
- Approximately 80% of Facebook daily active users are outside the U.S. and Canada. (Facebook Newsroom) Tweet This Stat!
- 1.15 billion monthly active users as of June 2013. (Facebook Newsroom) Tweet This Stat!
- Average time spent for a Facebook visit: 20 minutes. (IDC) Tweet This Stat!
- Average time spent on Facebook per user monthly: 8.3 hours. (IDC) Tweet This Stat!
- Percentage of Facebook users that log in at least once a day: 76%. (TechCrunch) Tweet This Stat!
- Regional Facebook Monthly Active Users Split is:
- Rest of World – 346 million users
- Asia – 339 million users
- Europe – 272 million users
- US & Canada – 198 million users
Pages and Apps
- Facebook’s 10-K Filing: More Than 50 million Pages With 10 Likes Or More; 10 million Apps on board. (Allfacebook) Tweet This Stat!
- 15 million businesses, companies, and organizations now have a Facebook page. (Allfacebook) Tweet This Stat!
- 100 million monthly active users use the app, “Facebook for Every Phone” for native phones (intended to reach audiences where smartphones are not yet generally affordable). (Facebook Newsroom) Tweet This Stat!
- Most popular Facebook games in September 2013, based on number of daily active users: Candy Crash 15.57 million (AppData) Tweet This Stat!
- The most ‘liked’ page is Facebook for Every Phone with 299 million fans. (Facebook) Tweet This Stat!
- Facebook revenue in Q2 2013 was $1.81 billion, of which $1.59 billion was from advertising (SocialBakers) Tweet This Stat!
- Facebook has 1 million active advertisers. (Facebook Newsroom) Tweet This Stat!
- The average cost-per-click on Facebook for Russia was 1.26 U.S. dollars, making it the most expensive market to advertise on Facebook. (Statista) Tweet This Stat!
- Mobile is skyrocketing and these Facebook stats prove it. In fact, 41% of Facebook revenue comes from mobile! This is truly amazing! (Mashable) Tweet This Stat!
- Photos make up 93% of the most engaging posts on Facebook! (SocialBakers) Tweet This Stat!
- Shorter posts get 23% more interaction (TrackSocial) Tweet This Stat!
- Post images – Photos get a 39% higher rate of engagement than all types of content averaged (AMEX Open Forum) Tweet This Stat!
- Post short updates on Facebook – less than 80 characters get higher engagement rates (AMEX Open Forum) Tweet This Stat!
- Use emoticons on Facebook – using emoticons increase shares and likes by 33% (AMEX Open Forum) Tweet This Stat!
- Asking fans to write captions to interesting photos on Facebook increases comments by 550% (AMEX Open Forum) Tweet This Stat!
- Engagement rates on Thursday and Friday are 18% higher than other days of the week.(BuddyMedia) Tweet This Stat!
- Question posts get 100% more comments (Hubspot) Tweet This Stat!
- 35% of Facebook Fans like a page so they can participate in contests (BuddyMedia) Tweet This Stat!
- 42% of Fans like a page to get a coupon or discount (Syncapse) Tweet This Stat!
You have glanced at the numbers. What has surprised you?
Was it the mobile stats, the increasing use of Facebook by mobile users or was it the revenue rise?
Have you come across any interesting Facebook statistics that we have missed?
Look forward to your feedback in the comments below.